1. My beautiful healthy son. He's makes life worth living. The fall leaves seem more vibrant, the gray sunless days dont seem so gloomy, and he makes regular everyday things exciting again.
2. My wonderful fiance. He took such great care of me when I was pregnant, he was so comforting when I was going through a little health scare, and he's been such a great hands on father to our lil chunker. I'm a lucky girl to have such a great partner in life.
3. My family. My family has been so supportive and helpful with my son and with our big move back to the Midwest. MJ is lucky to have such great grandparents, Aunt, great Aunt, Great gramma, and cousins.
4. My health. I will never take this for granted again.
5. My sister for being understanding when I was(is?) a hormonal crazy mess after having the baby and continues to be my best friend through it all. She is one of a kind.
6. Matt's family. They have been incredibly helpful in our move, with getting cars from here to there, finding a house, staying at their house, flying with our dog, helping with the baby, giving the baby all kinds of clothes and gifts. Phew!!! Thank you.
7. Bella: My Florida puppy dog. She loves the cold as much as she loved the sun. She drives me nuts sometimes but she's still my baby.
8. Charley: I love that she still thinks that she is MJ's mom.
9. The opportunity to stay home w the baby for the first year of his life.
10. My amazing Chicago friends: Jenna, Heather, Marcy, JoAnn, Miller.
11. Seeing MJ eat his first bit if baby food. Hilarious.
Although our lil sunshine has left the warmth behind, he still likes to be sans clothes. Its cute until you get pee'd on, so here are some pics of MJ with just his diaper on. He such a cute lil chunker.
MJ cannot last 2 hours between feedings anymore, this means we can start our bouncing baby boy on cereal. Here are some pics from his first tasted of anything besides breastmilk. 2 of the 3 nights that we have given him cereal in his bottle before bed, he has slept the whole night! YESSSSSSSSSS! From 830pm until 6am (roughly). I forgot what it was like to not wake up at 3am and like a zombie walk to the baby's room, feed him, burp him, and get him back to sleep.
MJ has his first check up with his new Iowa Doctor. Everything went great. We got the "go ahead" to start MJ on cereal and then slowly baby food. I cant believe how time flies. My baby is already going to start eating baby food!!! This should be fun! I plan on making my own baby food at home. I know this sounds awful "hippie mom" of me so feel free to poke fun :)
MJ weighed in at 17lbs 6oz and 24 & 3/4 inches!!!! MJ is still in the 75th percentile for head size, weight, and height. The Dr. commented that it is clear that MJ is NOT missing any meals. HA!